REAL. SMART. EASY.
Updated June, 2014
We are improving your transit system with a New Fare System, Real-Time Information and Bus Stop Announcement System. Equipment for all three of these major projects has been installed and testing has begun. While we make adjustments keep in mind you may experience some issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and we want you to know we are working diligently on these system improvements.
Please remember, we are committed to having the system in best working order before we move to the next phase. We will continue to keep you updated with progress updates right here on RideMCTS.com. For more in-depth information about these projects, click the links below.
Individuals will be able to know exactly where their bus is—at all times. Passengers can track a bus and know when it is predicted to arrive at a bus stop.
The beta test for Real-Time Information was launched on April 23, 2014 and five additional routes were added on June 16, 2014. Click here to access it.
- After each route Real-Time Information is verified as working properly, the information will be made available to the public via RideMCTS.com.
Smart Cards (MCTS M•CARD) are electronic plastic cards which will replace passes/tickets and can be used over and over again. You will be able to load it with a 7 or 31 day pass, or a specific dollar value for one or multiple rides. And, if you need to take another bus, no problem, the electronic card will automatically load a transfer. |
- Scheidt & Bachmann have finished installing fareboxes on all MCTS buses.
- We are now retrieving data about cash fares paid by passengers.
- We have begun to test basic smart card target functionality with a 'pilot' group of riders.
- Next month we will begin testing the full functionality of the smart card readers, and internet revaluing portal used to reload passes on smart cards. Once the equipment passes all tests, we will start selling the MCTS M•CARDS.
- Throughout the implementation process we will be tweaking the system for optimum performance.
| || |
- We are currently testing the Bus Stop Announcement System on additional routes. All buses are equipped with the system, but we need to verify and test routing information for each route, one at a time.